This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 100247
Location: Western Zone, Chipman Facility
Department: MHA WZ Adult CP
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare CUPE
Posting Closing Date: 30-Apr-21
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager, Adult Outpatient - Mental Health & Addictions, the Psychologist, as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, is responsible for the delivery of time-limited, evidence based psychological assessments and treatments to adults (19 years and older) with Tier-3 mental disorders. All services are provided within a Stepped Care framework and practice is guided by disorder based clinical care pathways. Each clinician participates in a consultation group to ensure collegial support, accountability and effectiveness of assessments and treatments.
The Psychologist ensures that the principles and practices that guide our work such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviors, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Ph.D in clinical psychology or Psy.D. Degree
- Current registration as a Psychologist with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP). Or current listing on the Candidate Register under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience required working with an adult population providing time-limited, evidence based psychological assessments and treatments to adults (19 years and older) with Tier-3 mental disorders
- Demonstrated skills in DSM diagnosis
- Demonstrated skills in applying time limited, evidence based psychological assessments and treatments for mental disorders to an adult (19 years and older) patient population, and commitment to same
- Demonstrated knowledge of Stepped Care principles, clinical care pathways, and outcomes monitoring, and commitment to same
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical supervision, learning and professional development, and commitment to same
- Demonstrated skills in providing culturally informed non-judgmental patient and family center care, and commitment to same
- Experience in providing supervision to psychology residents, students, and peers
- A working theoretical and practical knowledge of psychological testing applicable to an adult patient population
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care patients/partner relationships
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement initiatives and evidence based practice
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience working with allied health care professionals and medical specialists
- Experience training and/or acting as a resource for other allied health care professionals and medical specialists
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful external applicants are required to provide a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time (100%) position; 75.00 hours bi-weekly.
Psychologist IV (HC95):
$52.95 - $58.83 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Nova Scotia Health Authority's offers that may interest you