This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 98573
Location: Western Zone, Valley Regional Hospital
Department: OPWZ Rehab Physiotherapy Comm
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare CUPE
Posting Closing Date: 20-Oct-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager of Seniors LINCS, the Physiotherapist (PT) works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team. The PT participates in the provision of holistic, comprehensive care to meet the needs of patients/clients, and in the overall plan of care for the client by providing physiotherapy services in collaboration with the client, his/her support system and the health care team. Such services may be provided to the client/patient in the Emergency Department via the rapid assessment service at VRH, their home/community, within clinic and/or within inpatient/outpatient programs.
The Physiotherapist ensures that the principles and practices that guide our work such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviors, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate from an approved School of Physiotherapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Computer proficiency
- Thorough knowledge of Physiotherapy practice, with an interest in program development and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Strong client focus and ability to build solid client/practitioner relationships
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Time management skills
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel will be required; current Nova Scotia driver’s license and insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
- Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check to People & Organizational Development before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-time (100%) Position; 75 hours Bi-weekly
$31.6939 - $40.0220 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Nova Scotia Health Authority's offers that may interest you