This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 97444
Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Department: 3000886 MHA EZ Mental Health Emergency/Crisis
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare Bargaining Unit - Unifor
Posting Closing Date: 26-Oct-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Head Clinician provides clinical social work services, including mental health assessment and crisis intervention to designated patients of Mental Health Services as part of Urgent Care Services.
The Head Clinician of the Urgent Care Servicse provides direct patient care to patients of the Urgent Care Services as required and provides clinical supervision to the clinical staff of the Urgent Care Services team and Community Outreach Service.
The Head Clinician is responsible to assist the Manager of Urgent Care Services of Mental Health & Addiction Services with quality initiatives and other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia College of Social Work (NSCSW)
- Minimum Five (5) years clinical training and experience in an inpatient or outpatient mental health setting providing assessment and treatment of adolescent and adult mental health disorders including substance abuse problems.
- Experience in clinical supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources
- Experience in crisis intervention and risk assessments
- Evidence of ability to work independently, within a multidisciplinary team as well as with both hospital and community based services/agencies.
- Demonstrated use of innovative problem solving and application of evidence based practice to patient services.
- Experience and ability to provide mental health training and education sessions.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Competencies in other languages an asset; French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-time (100%) Position; 75.00 Hours Bi-weekly
Head Clinician Urgent Care Services (HTH038):
$41.3947 - $48.2629 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - Unifor position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Nova Scotia Health Authority's offers that may interest you