This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 45211
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee For Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program; Tuition Relief
Other Incentives: Provincial Locum Program
About This Opportunity
Yarmouth Regional Hospital (YRH) is seeking a full-time family physician to join the family medicine prenatal/obstetrics (OBS) group. The group runs a shared prenatal clinic with nurse and clerical support, providing prenatal and obstetrical care for 300 - 350 women per year. The clinic runs six half-day clinics per week which are divided among the group. The clinic has a 24/7 obstetrician back up, anesthesia coverage, and part-time pediatric coverage.
The successful candidate will join a highly collegial and experienced group of physicians who are always available in an emergency. Family physicians may also participate in teaching through the family medicine residency program based in YRH, and/or with medical students through Dalhousie University.
YRH was originally founded in 1912 and has developed into a vast health care complex serving the 58,000 people of Shelburne, Yarmouth, and Digby Counties.
Located in Yarmouth, YRH has 124 inpatient beds and provides a range of primary and secondary services through in-patient, outpatient and satellite programs:
• Dalhousie School of Nursing
• veteran’s unit
• chronic pain clinic
• kidney clinic
• alternate level of care unit
• ambulatory care
• cancer care centre
• cardiac investigation and respiratory services
• continuing care
• diabetes education
• diagnostic imaging
• emergency medicine
• falls prevention
• intensive care unit
• mental health and addictions services
• obstetrics and gynecology
• occupational therapy
• palliative care
• pre-natal clinic
• public health
• recreation therapy
• spiritual care
• stroke program
• surgical unit
• deliver of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
• be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
• provide care and coordination of community-based care and secondary and tertiary level heath care
• should build clinic capacity within the first two years
• operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
• work toward same day or next day access for the practice population in collaboration with other team members
• on call requirement (1:5)
• all applicants must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
• all family physicians must be eligible for certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
• membership with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Yarmouth is located at the southwestern most tip of Nova Scotia serving a population of approximately 60,000 in three counties. Affordable housing is available on stunning ocean and lake-frontage properties. Yarmouth is the recreational, entertainment and shopping hub of the southwest area. There is so much to enjoy about the Southwestern end of Nova Scotia, including a unique and storied Acadian French history and beaches that take your breath away! Yarmouth is also connected to the United States through an international ferry service that makes cross border adventures possible with ease.
Our enviable combination of urban amenities and rural natural beauty offers an excellent quality of life for the people that live here. Nova Scotia offers the medical professional opportunities found in larger cities while maintaining a work-life balance in livable, walkable, and affordable communities.
To learn more about living and working in Yarmouth please see Edge of Everywhere video and Yarmouth and Acadian Shores.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Nova Scotia Health Authority's offers that may interest you