This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 36933
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 300,000 - 350,000
Type of Remuneration: Hourly Rate
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program; Tuition Relief
Other Incentives: Provincial Locum Program
About This Opportunity
Roseway Hospital (RH) is seeking a full-time emergency physician who, if desired, can also provide office based comprehensive primary care and inpatient care.
RH provides health care services to approximately 15,000 Shelburne County residents including inpatient, outpatient, and satellite care as well as primary, ambulatory, and emergency care.
Located in Shelburne, RH has 19 inpatient beds and works closely with other health care facilities in Yarmouth, Kentville, Liverpool, Bridgewater, and Halifax. Shelburne County also has a new collaborative practice clinic that provides the opportunity to mentor medical residents enrolled in the Dalhousie Family Medicine Program.
RH provides a range of primary and secondary services through in-patient, outpatient, and satellite programs:
- Barrington clinic
- stroke clinic
- bereavement group
- cardiac care
- continuing care
- diagnostic imaging
- emergency medicine
- internal medicine
- laboratory services (Lockeport)
- outpatient mental health and addiction services
- nutrition and diabetes counseling
- obstetrics & gynecology
- plastic surgery
- recreation therapy
- speech language pathology
- surgery unit
- examine patients and take their histories
- order diagnostic tests and laboratory procedures
- advise patients on health care, health promotion, and disease prevention
- consult and refer to other medical practitioners
- act as a patient advocate
- prescribe and administer medications and treatments, inoculations and vaccinations
- all applicants must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
- all family physicians must be eligible for certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- membership with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada ER certification considered an asset
Conveniently located an hour from Yarmouth and just two hours from Halifax, on Nova Scotia’s beautiful South Shore, the Town of Shelburne is a unique, rural community with a lot to experience.
Our Municipality offers lighthouses, rugged coastlines, white sand beaches, fishing villages with colourful boats and neighbourly people. You can cycle our rural roads, walk our trails, go fishing in our lakes and rivers, paddle in the ocean or sit back and bird watch. For the golfer, we have a beautiful 18 hole golf course in Clyde River and in Birchtown, you can take a guided tour of the new Black Loyalist Heritage Centre and Historical Site, the first freed black settlement in North America. Each day in Sandy Point when the tide is low, you can walk to the lighthouse and in the summer, stop at their Community Centre to enjoy refreshments and ice cream.
The Municipality boasts a rich maritime history and the third best natural harbour in the world. We invite you to come and give yourself a rest from life’s hustle and bustle, where you can enjoy everything we have to offer at your own pace. We value a quality of life that is second to none and we want to share this with you. Click here to learn more about Shelburne, Nova Scotia.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Nova Scotia Health Authority's offers that may interest you