This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments;
- Recondition and repair all engines, transmission, tractors and industrial equipment assigned by the shop supervisor;
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed;
- Keep records required to establish cost of parts and service charges to the customer;
- Handle customer problems both objectively and tactfully;
- Assist in directing work of helpers or on the job trainees and provide instructions as required;
- Maintain a clean work area and perform miscellaneous duties associated with the job;
- Develop skills in disassembly, assembly and repair of components and machines;
- Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Service Manager or Shop Foreman;
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments;
- Report any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manger, for proper and safe operation by the customer;
- Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager;
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use;
- Always conduct self so as to present a professional image of the dealership.
Health and Safety
It is our expectation that all Nortrax Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Nortrax safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
Although much of time will be situated in an office/shop environment, occasional travel to other branches may be required.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Must be self-motivated and a team player with the ability to communicate with personnel and customers when required;
- Heavy Equipment license preferred;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to speak effectively one on one or before groups;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form;
- Bilingual an asset.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Nortrax's offers that may interest you