This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Day Labourer at Thermëa
Bordered by the Crescent Drive Golf Course and only 20 minutes from downtown Winnipeg, Thermëa by Nordik Spa-Nature opened its doors in 2015. This relaxation and renewal centre focuses on thermotherapy practices and relaxation techniques from Scandinavian countries. It offers a multisensorial experience in an all-embracing natural setting to contribute to the health and wellness of its guests.
Continuously innovating and evolving by creating unique relaxation experiences, it is the only Nordic-style spa in the Canadian Prairies today.
What we stand for
Our mission is to transform people’s lives, one visit at a time by offering our guests a refuge, away from the pressures of modern life where they may rediscover their own well-being and, as a result, live a happier and longer life. We are passionate and dedicated team players here at Thermëa. Always enthusiastic, helpful, conscientious, discrete—and most of all, respectful. We deeply care about everyone—guests and fellow artisans alike—in our wellness environment.
What we need
We are currently seeking a Day Labourer, whose skills will contribute to our organisation’s mission. Under the supervision of the Manager, Technical Services, the incumbent performs various tasks related to the upkeep and general maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment, while using safe work methods.
To maximize the well-being of our guests, the values and behaviors of Thermea by Nordik Spa Nature associates join the organization, in order, to offer a carefree relaxing experience to our guests.
What you’ll do
- Carry out minor and routine repairs to installations, hardware, furniture and other equipment (filters, furnaces, heat exchangers, lights);
- Carry out minor work (work that does not require the presence of an expert) in carpentry, plumbing, painting, construction, etc. ;
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas;
- Remove rubble and other renovation debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, Front end loader and other equipment;
- Maintain exterior accesses by performing tasks such as mowing lawns, snow removal, de-icing, and others;
- Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment;
- Perform any other related task requested by his immediate supervisor or required by his duties.
What is the profile needed in order to be successful in this position
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques;
- Minimum of one year experience in related work;
- Experience in Landscaping, an asset;
- Ability to integrate safety into work procedures;
- Ability to follow emergency procedures;
- Ability to properly use maintenance equipment and tools;
- Experience in using tractors, lawn maintenance equipment and maintenance, an asset;
- Teamwork skills (autonomy, versatility);
- Ability to demonstrate a certain tolerance to stress;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Capable of having to work many hours on their feet and be able to lift 50lbs (23kg);
- Ability to work in a noisy, hot and/or cold outdoor environment.
Your will work on flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, holidays).
Employee may be required to be on call for a pre-determined period.
May be required to work 12-hour shifts.
The salary is based on the pay scale and benefits in effect at Thermëa by Nordik spa nature.
Send us your resumé and cover letter by visiting our web site in the career section
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Intermediate
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. 1159
Other Nordik Spa-Nature's offers that may interest you