This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
About this role
What will you be responsible for?
Senior level position providing mentorship and leadership to definition, development of and adherence to Newmont standards for controls systems, development and policies for multiple studies and programs. Additionally, this position will help the Senior Director of Project Controls in talent management including planning, recruiting, and training and development within the corporate wide Project Controls area.
Your role will consist of
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
- Working with the Senior Director of Global Controls this individual will work to help define standards, processes and procedures for the Project Controls function within Newmont. These requirements, processes and developments will be developed with the intent to standardize execution across the projects and ensure efficiency within the project execution area. In addition, the individual will help the Senior Director Project Controls in talent management within the function to plan and identify needs, recruit, train and develop and people movement/placements:
- Act as the Subject Matter Specialist for Project Risk and other project controls functions as the need arises. These could include; Planning/scheduling, Organizational Change and Benchmarking.
- Work with the Senior Director of Project Controls to help in planning future needs, recruiting, training and advancement and people movements; support Project Directors and Project Controls Managers with the tools required to accurately scope, schedule and budget studies and projects totaling over $5B in capital; define, establish and implement Project Control systems that support the business case objectives of each AFE as well as the Newmont Capital Portfolio and all project control procedures are in place and are in compliance with corporate policy and standards.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Project Controls to maintain the pulse on global and regional economic trends impacting capital project execution. Translates these trends into quality estimates and risk assessments for critical issue, contingency and owner’s reserve.
- Work with projects to setup the controls structure and procedures. This may include training and ongoing mentoring of members of project teams.
- Work with the Senior Director of Project Controls to back project Stage-Gate processes through peer review and approval of project estimates, schedule, and control budgets.
- Assist in preparation of AFE documentation.
- Liaise with the Regional Project Controls Directors to advise and support Project Control Managers and project management teams to efficient function as primary Owner’s liaison with the EPC Contractor’s project controls team and handle controls activities per requirements in the prime EPC Agreement.
- Advise and conduct encouraging audits of the project supervises execution plans on studies and execution projects. Focus on the efficiency of project controls systems.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills, and experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- Bachelor of Engineering degree and minimum of 15 to 20 years experience including experience with greenfield and international projects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience are vital. Sophisticated degree/certification in business management (MBA), project management or construction management preferred.
- Must have project controls experience associated with major EPCM/EPC projects (TIC value greater than $1B). Experience should be associated with both Home office and Field Site cost control, scheduling and cost estimating required to support an Owner’s team and to validate/control an EPC contractors Project Controls program.
- Prefer involvement associated with power, mining or heavy infrastructure work in both domestic US and international locations.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Working conditions and location
Where you will be located!
- Position is located in Vancouver.
- Position may be required to travel to and assist other domestic and international sites. Position may require frequent and/or extended travel to foreign locations.
Please enter Job Number 7922 to submit your online application (http://www.newmontgoldcorp.com/jobs).
Please ensure that you attach your resume as part of your online application. At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Newmont Goldcorp Canada's offers that may interest you