IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different - it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a due diligence focused Manager for our growing Corporate Finance team. Positioning our clients for success, MNP Corporate Finance is a leader in providing transaction advisory services throughout Canada. Our team of recognized professionals help clients maximize their potential by providing innovative strategies for divestitures, financing, due diligence and acquisitions. With offices strategically located across Canada, we have the experience and expertise organizations need to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the national and global marketplace.
ROLE @ MNP
- Assist financial and corporate acquirers and vendors in evaluating M&A opportunities by understanding deal hypotheses and company value drivers and risks
- Conduct meetings with C-suite management from both the client and the target
- Conduct detailed analysis relating to quality of earnings reviews, sustainability of EBITDA, quality of assets, working capital profile and potential risks and opportunities
- Complete report writing on transaction services engagements
- Prepare technical based analysis, which may be in the form of projections, forecasts and/or models
- Identify competitive issues and performance indicators on both a macro and micro level specific to the target market
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to link business strategy to performance and due diligence finding
- Accountable for a highly developed level of customer service ensuring that customer needs and requests are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner in a deadline driven environment (Client Service Excellence)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment (Flexibility)
- Facilitate collaboration with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Manage project financials (i.e. budgets, WIP, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Conduct business and market research using the internet, business directories and database resources
- Lead the preparation of pitch presentations to prospective clients
- Promote MNP advisory services through the delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops or participating in community activities
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events including client and company sponsored functions
- Network in the local business community and consider business development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and addressing performance issues promptly
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
Skills and Experience
MY REWARDS @ MNP
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business with a specialization in accounting or finance; a Master’s Degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Completion of the Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations is considered an asset
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in transaction advisory services sector assisting clients with their due diligence needs relating to mergers and acquisitions
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis and modeling
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technical accounting skills with detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!