This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different - it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Analyst for our growing Corporate Finance team. Positioning our clients for success, MNP Corporate Finance is a leader in providing transaction advisory services throughout Canada. Our team of recognized professionals help clients maximize their potential by providing innovative strategies for divestitures, financing, due diligence and acquisitions. With offices strategically located across Canada, we have the experience and expertise organizations need to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the national and global marketplace.ROLE @ MNP
- Responsible for the assistance in execution of divestiture, merger, acquisition and financing engagements for clients, including the research and identification of new markets, acquisition opportunities and buyer ideas
- Assist with the preparation of transaction-related deliverables such as pitchbook discussion materials, pricing analyses, confidential information memorandums, buyer lists and deal closing documents
- Conduct, interpret and analyse business and market research using mediums applicable to the client business including information gathered in site visits
- Prepare technical based analysis, including building, updating, and maintaining Microsoft Excel-based financial and valuation models
- Participate in regular meetings with clients to review results and prepare business plans as well as attend meetings with brokers, bankers, and investors
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to deliver client service results
- Assist with the formulation of market and industry trends, broad synopsis as well as general conclusions
- Identify competitive issues and performance indicators on both a macro and micro level specific to the target market on prospective and live transactions
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses, and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP at community and university/college events
- Attend internal MNP courses for career development and to further enhance M&A and financing knowledge
Skills and Experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience at a professional services firm, ideally in financial analysis and modeling
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Business, Accounting or Finance; candidates working towards obtaining a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other MNP LLP's offers that may interest you