This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Torstar Corporation is a progressive media organization with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar’s vision for success is driven by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile, collaborative and results driven. The successful candidate will be a champion of those priorities while keeping the customer at the heart of all of the creative work that s/he will be doing.
The Instructional Design & Training Specialist is responsible for the design, development and delivery of training and performance support solutions to meet the learning and development objectives of Torstar. The incumbent is skilled in developing: eLearning, VILT and ILT, including all relevant job aids/performance support tools, and reference materials. Experience with ADDIE and Articulate 360 is required. The Instructional Design and Training Specialist will also help to facilitate training classes both face to face and virtually. Although a contract position to start, there is a strong possibility that the need for the role will continue beyond the original 6 month term.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Source relevant learning content from SMEs &/or other appropriate sources
- Design and develop new or revise existing courseware to meet learner needs using best practices in instructional design and leveraging technology
- Develop and maintain course materials including instructor manuals, participant guides, eLearning, train the trainer materials, job aids, evaluations, tests.
- Leverage scenarios, storytelling, roleplay, and examples from real life to provide opportunities for teams to actively engage with the content using decision-making activities and problem-solving scenarios that are authentic.
- Ability to create powerful assessments to accompany courses. Align assessments with company objectives.
- Assist in the evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of implemented learning solutions.
- Support with new hire on-boarding and training classes facilitation as required.
- Other tasks / activities as assigned
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience demonstrating a proven track record in instructional design (ADDIE) and development including large-scale blended solutions and digital content creation, rapid/development methodologies.
- 5+ years in design and development of written training materials, manuals, guide books, job aids, etc using experiential activities, storytelling
- Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills using online meeting platforms.
- Sales as a client experience an asset.
- Excellent content research and analytical skills to convert information and learner needs into performance-based, engaging, and practical training solutions.
- Manage competing deadlines and changing scope of projects with a deadline-driven focus.
- Can work independently.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Metroland Media Group 's offers that may interest you