This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
- Ensure production work meets delivery deadlines.
- Supervise and provide direction to direct mail production staff.
- Track production status and report to Lettershop Supervisor and other departments as required.
- Perform maintenance, minor repairs and preventative care to the direct mail equipment as required.
- Hands-on running of our Direct Mail equipment (Envelope inserters, Ink Jet Systems, Tabber and other)
- Help foster a strong team with a positive working environment.
- Assist in proper training of all new employees in the department.
- Ensure compliance with all health & safety regulations and Ministry of Labour requirements.
- Coordinate Canada Post mailing supplies
- Perform data entry computer work for Canadian and US mail documentation
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Previous experience working with direct mail machinery and be mechanically inclined.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work in an unpredictable and changing environment.
- Ability to motivate team to work quickly in response to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships.
- Strong commitment to health and safety.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and continuous improvement of processes.
- Adaptable and able to handle change in a calm and productive manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Must be flexible in hours to overlap shifts or be available for alternate shift as needed.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Metroland Media Group 's offers that may interest you