This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
The Physician Role:
Medcan is currently recruiting for multiple part/full-time and locum Physicians with diversified skills to complement our various high-performing and fast-growing teams of clinicians within our three flagship clinics - Annual Health Assessment, Year-Round Care (Primary) and Travel.
We have lofty goals for growth and are recruiting patient-focused physicians with clinical experience in the full breadth of family (pediatrics, adult medicine and geriatrics), and acute/emergency care.
Position Goal: Deliver exceptional clinical practice and patient service experience
Main accountabilities of the role:
- Provide screening and primary care health services for Medcan patients
- Examine patients, take their complete history and provide clinical guidance and recommendations
- Evaluate the patients’ health, make diagnosis on clinical conditions, prescribe and administer medications, treatments and follow up care with internal or external specialists through expedited referral/same day test results
- Educate, advise and empower patients on preventive health care and disease prevention
- Provide counseling and support to patients on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Manage circle of patient care through dedicated 50 person in-house Patient Support Centre (PSC) teams of medical administrators, patient coordinators and nurses
- Participate in Medcan business initiatives including continuing education, innovation, research, product development, support and guidance
- Cardiac Stress Testing interpretation (training will be provided)
- Be part of the tiered on-call group for after-hours coverage and primary care
- Follow Medcan procedures for all documentation, timelines, coordination with internal follow up care teams
- Adhere to standards of best practice
- Ongoing learning for innovative, predictive, prevention diagnostics and wellness programs
- CME, ongoing workshops and attendance at annual clinical update leadership offsite summits
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- CCFP designation or CCFP (EM) designation
- Minimum 3-5 years’ post residency depending on combination of clinical/research/educational and leadership experience
- Experience in preventive care and wellness is an asset
- English, French or multilingual
- ISTM, DTMH, FRCP, or CATMAT designation/other Tropical Medicine courses/tropical medicine experience in the field (if also interested in complementing the Travel clinic)
- Exceptional and demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Ability to respectfully and tactfully interact and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds in a collegial, empathetic manner
- Exemplary team player
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Comfortable with technological advancements including ECG, stress testing, digital innovation and telemedicine
- Knowledge and use of EMR systems
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) training preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Outlook
This is an Independent Contractor role that offers flexible appointment scheduling. Medcan strives to support each other and achieve an excellent work-life balance. Complement your other clinical commitments by designing and customizing your Medcan patient appointments within our clinic business hours Monday through Friday 7am-7pm and Saturday 8am-4pm.
Being a Medcan Physician means a great working environment and an attractive total compensation package including a daily base, hourly rate, multiple incentive plans and a genuine opportunity to grow into medical leadership and administrative roles at one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies. The position offers outstanding wellness benefits through Medcan’s unique Live Well program.
Medcan can offer you a very collaborative, energetic, professional team environment dedicated to preventive patient care and exemplary service with the opportunity to let your creativity and excellence shine.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to Michael Brown, Medcan Senior Recruiter 4165267587 (firstname.lastname@example.org)with their resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format quoting mandate MC1018.
We thank all Physicians for their interest in joining the Medcan team. No agencies please.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other MEDCAN's offers that may interest you