This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Location: Mississauga, Viscount Rd- Remotely temporarily
Permanent, Full Time, Monday to Friday 10:00 am -6:00pm
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.Job Summary
Reporting to the Manager Ontario Transportation the Sr. Transportation Associate will be responsible for assisting in the execution of the day to day operations of the Ontario Transportation Team as established by policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for transportation analysis and shipment support within Ontario, providing information and administrative support regarding transportation operations to the Transportation Manager and other Internal Customers.Section A - Specific Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor progress of Transportation Ontario deliveries and work to resolve any issues
- Coordinates and consolidates domestic and international systems to support shipments.
- Required to update Overflow Management spreadsheet with all details, track report and verify all overflow costs. -Provide report to Manager & Team Leader
- Process and monitor product loss and damage Claims to appropriate carriers at the request of the Customer Claims Dept. and coordinate with other departments as required
- Report and escalate any significant issues as per established procedures
- Support the Transportation Manager on projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain logs and compile information on routes, rates and services on various vendors.
- Plans and coordinates fleet operations, including scheduling, maintenance service and repair
- Interacts with common carriers (third-party transportation companies) as appropriate
- Engage with Transportation management on areas of opportunity and improvement
- Ensure that work areas are kept safe, organized and clean
- Follow company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety policies
- Review and verify the distribution delivery schedule and to assist in planning for promotional distribution- Seasonal Promo (Aug-Dec)
- Collect and provide route status report updates from all carriers to monitor route performance throughout the day and forward to various departments as required
- CPDN (Canadian Pharmaceuticals Distribution Network) contact-Respond to internal requests for tracking and tracing for individual shipment information- ATS, Purolator, DHL/Loomis.
- Invoice analysis, tracking and coordination between approval by Transportation Manager and accounts payable to ensure all invoices are processed promptly and correctly. Required to ensure that all freight debits and credits are issued correct.
- Lead by example
- College or university degree in a related field is preferable
- Clear CPIC (Canadian Police Information Center) check
- Minimum of 5 years in a transportation related field
- Demonstrated experience to show multitasking and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic math and reading skills and a high standard for attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be familiar and able to work with computers and automation with a solid understanding and willingness to use Microsoft Excel and Access
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Transportation, processes, rules and regulations
- Proven ability to be a team player and work in a team environment, but also able to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated flexibility/adaptability
- Ability to challenge processes and seek out process improvements or creative ways of completing tasks
- Strong focus of Customer Service and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Behaviours aligned with McKesson Canada ICARE principles and values
Career Level - IC - Operations Support - O2
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other McKesson Canada Corporation's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Préparateur de commande -Centre de distribution Pie-IX / Warehouse person- Distribution Center Pie-IX | Montréal,QC
- Job posting | Préparateur de commande- Distributeur pharmaceutique à Drummondville | Drummondville,QC
- Job posting | Chauffeur Classe 3- de jour variable (Pie-IX) | Montréal,QC