This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Pharmacy Coordinator is responsible for assisting the pharmacists in properly dispensing medications to patients in a non-retail setting.
- Provide exemplary customer service the meeting the standards of McKesson Canada; customer interaction is largely done via phone/email
- Billing prescriptions through pharmacy software ensuring all required documentation is adequate and appropriate including (but not limited to) accounts receivables, dosage and dosing intervals, third party billing restrictions, scheduled appointment dates, clinic locations, copayment management, coordination of benefits, assignment of benefits
- Creating patient files in pharmacy software
- Managing site calendars, appointment changes, dispensing and shipping schedules
- Accurately dispensing medications to ensure arrival to the appropriate destination on time
- Patient follow-up calls for outstanding accounts (ensuring that all medical questions are referred to a pharmacist)
- General Responsibilities
- Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Standard Operation procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements
- Inventory management and reconciliation
- Monitoring of site temperatures when available and reporting any variances directly to the Operations manager
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with health care professionals, reimbursement coordinators, infusion coordinators, provincial ministries of health and private payers
- Accurate data entry into various systems.
- Pharmacy Assistant Diploma or comparable work experience
- At least 1 year in a retail pharmacy setting
- Understanding of 3rd party billing
- Quick learner, adjusting quickly to a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication (both written and verbal)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Experience working with MS Office Suit
- This position requires a significant degree of taking direction quickly, self-starting and independence
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other McKesson Canada Corporation's offers that may interest you