Director of Rooms Operations
- Salary To be discussed
- Published on September 23rd, 2022
As soon as possible
Job Number 22145612
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Toronto, 325 Bay Street, Toronto, ONT, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Rooms Operations, areas of responsibility include Front Office, Business Center, Recreation/Health Club and Housekeeping. Works with direct reports (e.g., department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and manages the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Verifies that Rooms Operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, monitors employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
• Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
• Works with Rooms management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals
• Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
• Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Leading Operations and Department Teams
• Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s Rooms Operations; areas of responsibility include Front Office, Business Center, Recreation/Health Club and Housekeeping.
• Works with direct reports (e.g., department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies.
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and verifies alignment amongst the Rooms leadership teams.
• Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.
• Monitors employee satisfaction.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
• Verifies that employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Verifies that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Verifies that property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: The St. Regis Toronto takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Internal reference No.
Other Marriott International's offers that may interest you