This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Posting Date Oct 08, 2020
Job Number 20058457
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, 1050 Paignton House Rd, Minett, Ontario, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Outlets Manager will work under the direction of the Food & Beverage Director and works closely with the culinary leadership team to ensure that the service and quality standards of the outlets are met and continually developed within established business and strategic plans. This role will be responsible for the administration, supervision and service quality of all food and beverage outlets for the resort, including Muskoka Chophouse, Teca, Cottages, Lakes Bar, The Deck, In Room Dining and The Country Market.
• Effective and efficient administration and leadership of the front of house associates and functions of the outlets.
• Provide leadership and support to the food & beverage supervisors and leads.
• Maintain service standards and enhance quality of service and offerings in partnership with the F&B Director and culinary leadership.
• Establish, communicate, train and monitor front of house procedures.
• Recommend changes in policies to achieve objectives, based on detailed knowledge of the outlets and the respective operations.
• Hire, train, coach and develop a successful and enthusiastic team of front of house associates, engaging in performance management and positive coaching and counseling as needed.
• Manage scheduling in accordance with employment policies and budget targets.
• Ensure that all time management and payroll processes are carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist in development and implementation of employee orientation and training.
• Assist in the development and presentation of menus as required.
• Assist in the development of operating budgets and administer those budgets on an ongoing basis by monitoring and tracking expenses.
• Serve as an individual contributor and department role model by performing technical or functional job duties including serving tables, clearing tables, taking orders.
• Work with leadership to ensure that hourly associates clearly understand their job roles, responsibilities, and performance expectations.
• Address guest concerns, requests, or issues.
• Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well-being of guests.
• Complete scheduled inventories, stock, and requisition necessary supplies.
• Collaborate with leadership to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve department performance around GSS scores.
• Ensure that department goals are communicated, understood, and met by associates.
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be located in Canada.
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Must be willing to relocate to Muskoka, Ontario.
• Minimum 2 years restaurant management experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of fine food, wine, and service.
• Previous cash handling and budget administration experience.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Point-of-Sale software (Micros).
• Previous resort experience an asset.
• Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in related field an asset.
• Multi-unit management experience an asset.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Marriott Hotels Of Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you