This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Posting Date Dec 03, 2020
Job Number 20073004
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, 1050 Paignton House Rd, Minett, Ontario, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Schedule Seasonal - Full-Time
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Have you ever dreamt about what it is like to work and live in Muskoka for a season? Well now is your chance to have the ultimate work and play experience at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka! We are on the hunt for the best in the industry to join us this season for an adventure you will never forget.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is hiring various Guest Reception positions for the upcoming season which include; guest reception agents, concierge, bell & valet, night audit and phone operators.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka & Marriott International
- What you will be doing?
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Build strong relationships with local community and local businesses
- Act as an ambassador of the JW Marriott brand and the local area
- Promote recreation activities and outlets to guests
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services)
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Help arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus, limousine/sedan service) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Work experience in the hospitality industry an asset
- Experience with a property management system
- Proficient with computer systems, and ability to learn new programs
- Able to work flexible hours (early morning, evening and occasional split shifts)
- Ability to deal with high-pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-orientated, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving techniques
- Highly motivated and guest driven with a passion to continually exceed expectations and anticipate needs
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions
- Must legally be eligible to work in Canada
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Marriott Hotels Of Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you