This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Posting Date Dec 03, 2020
Job Number 20073028
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, 1050 Paignton House Rd, Minett, Ontario, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Schedule Seasonal - Full-Time
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Have you ever dreamt about what it is like to work and live in Muskoka for a season? Well now is your chance to have the ultimate work and play experience at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka! We are on the hunt for the best in the industry to join us this season for an adventure you will never forget.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is hiring various Food & Beverage positions which include; servers, bartenders, host/hostess and food & beverage assistants.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka & Marriott International
What you will be doing?
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption including disinfecting hands prior to handling food
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass and silver prior to use
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
- Anticipate guests’ service needs including asking questions of guests to better understand and act on their needs
- Accurately serve food and beverages to guests as per their order and set tables as per our standards
- Actively listen and respond positively to guests questions, concerns and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight and build trust
- Assist team members to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures
- Your experience and skills include:
- At least one year of related work experience
- Able to work flexible hours (early morning, evening and occasional split shifts)
- Ability to deal with high-pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-orientated, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving techniques
- Highly motivated and guest driven with a passion to continually exceed expectations and anticipate needs
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Marriott Hotels Of Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you