This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Posting Date Dec 03, 2020
Job Number 20073013
Job Category Landscaping & Grounds
Location JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, 1050 Paignton House Rd, Minett, Ontario, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Schedule Seasonal - Full-Time
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Have you ever dreamt about what it is like to work and live in Muskoka for a season? Well now is your chance to have the ultimate work and play experience at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka! We are on the hunt for the best in the industry to join us this season for an adventure you will never forget.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is hiring various Engineering positions for the upcoming season which include grounds maintenance, pool maintenance, rooms preventative maintenance and horticultural technicians.
What is in it for you?
• Competitive Compensation.
• Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status.
• Comprehensive Wellness Platform.
• Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa.
• Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka & Marriott International.
What you will be doing?
• Maintain lawns by mowing, edging, raking leaves, and performing other lawn maintenance functions.
• Wash, clean, and re-fuel all equipment after use.
• Maintain flower beds, baskets, and boxes by watering, removing weeds, trimming, and performing other maintenance.
• Remove and bag trash from all exterior trash cans.
• Maintain the appearance of fountains, planters, or other grounds features by cleaning, replacing or making repairs.
• Maintain the appearance and safety of sidewalks, driveways, cart paths, or parking lots by filling in cracks, holes, and making other repairs.
• Operate tractors, trucks, or utility vehicles to transport equipment and supplies.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible.
• Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
• Perform a variety of maintenance procedures relating to swimming pool and hot tub heaters, filters, pumps, motors, cleaning systems, automatic controls and electrical systems.
• Check and maintain chlorine and pH levels to assure appropriate content according to health standards.
• Maintain and retain accurate records of pH and chlorine levels.
• Maintain the cleanliness of aquatic area and perform any repairs to pool deck as necessary.
• Clean sand filters, backwash, clean pool strainers, test safety equipment for all pools, place and remove pool covers during the winter months and maintain a 3ft safety walking area around pool during the winter months.
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
• Plant knowledge and identification, specifically trees, shrubs, and perennials.( applies to applicants for horticultural technicians).
• Possession of a Certified Pool Operator (CPO), or an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) an asset, and required within 90 days of employment (applies to pool maintenance applicants).
• Basic measurement and calculation skills.
• Ability to follow safe working procedures.
• Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
• Able to work flexible hours (early morning, evening and occasional split shifts).
• Solutions-orientated, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving techniques.
• Highly motivated and guest driven with a passion to continually exceed expectations and anticipate needs.
• Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Marriott Hotels Of Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you