This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Posting Date Dec 03, 2020
Job Number 20073005
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, 1050 Paignton House Rd, Minett, Ontario, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Schedule Seasonal - Full-Time
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Culinary (Seasonal 2021)
Have you ever dreamt about what it is like to work and live in Muskoka for a season? Well now is your chance to have the ultimate work and play experience at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka! We are on the hunt for the best in the industry to join us this season for an adventure you will never forget.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is hiring various Culinary positions for the upcoming season which include; First cooks, second cooks, third cooks, pastry chefs and stewards.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka & Marriott International
What you will be doing?
- Prepare and cook meals while ensuring food quality, presentation and consistency is maintained at all times in accordance with kitchen operating standards
- Uphold quality control of food preparation and presentation
- Help create a positive work environment through teamwork and cooperation with all associates
- Skilled to work any station on the line and/or event operations
- Demonstrates full working knowledge of all menus, with proper cooking techniques and in a safe professional manner
- Communicates areas in need of attention to culinary leadership
- Follows proper plating presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and marinating
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Assists with cutting, precooking and marinating during off peak periods as needed
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Proficiently able to utilize a wide range of kitchen tools and utensils including chopping knives and vegetable grinders
- Handle food storage and store leftover food properly
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Your experience and skills include:
- At least one year of related work experience
- Able to work flexible hours (early morning, evening and occasional split shifts)
- Ability to deal with high-pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-orientated, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving techniques
- Highly motivated and guest driven with a passion to continually exceed expectations and anticipate needs
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Marriott Hotels Of Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you