Oak Valley Health honours the traditional territory of the closest Indigenous communities, the Chippewas (chi-puh-waas) of Georgina Island and the Mississaugas of Scugog Island. The Haudenosaunee (Ho-de-no-shau-nee) and Anishinaabe (Ah-nish-in-ah-beh) have lived, worked and existed on this land from time immemorial. This land is covered by Treaty 13 signed with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaty signed with many Mississauga and Chippewa bands.
Who you are:
- You encompass Oak Valley Health’s core values and live the words of respect, trust, commitment, compassion and courage
- You are a patient and/or client centered individual who performs at an exemplary standard
- You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and prioritization skills
What we are looking for:
We are looking for sonographers who enjoy working independently as well as with a dynamic team of professionals. You will bring with you experience in general imaging, obstetrical, vascular, and small parts. Experience in MSK and pediatrics is considered an asset. The onsite Radiologists is available for support through discussions, feedback and continuing education.
As a member of our team this position will be responsible for performing high quality ultrasound examinations including general abdomen and gynecological, small parts, routine/high risk obstetrics and vascular studies.
What you bring to the role:
- Must be an active member in good standing with CMRITO
- Graduate from an accredited Canadian ultrasound program is strongly preferred. Other equivalent education will be considered
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred
- Experience working in a teaching hospital setting is an asset
- ARDMS credentials are an asset
- NT certification is an asset
- Biopsy/interventional experience is an asset
- Affiliation with professional societies (i.e. Sonography Canada, ARDMS) is preferred
- Sub-specialty credentials from an accredited program are preferred (e.g. CRVS, RMSKS)
- Desire to expand sub-speciality skill set is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work independently and as a member of the team are required
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
The successful candidate will be required to work day, evening and night shifts, as well as rotating weekend shifts as required. Candidates will also be required to have flexibility and willingness to work additional shifts beyond posted schedule is necessary.
Please note schedules may change based on operational needs.
OPCOM02: $34.15 - $47.18 per hour
Who we are:
Oak Valley Health is one of Ontario’s leading community healthcare organizations. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 468,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
Our 542 physicians, 35 midwives, over 3,000 staff and 1,000 volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to the residents of Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Uxbridge and beyond. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection to patients, staff and members of the public attending in the hospital, prior to the first day of employment with the Hospital, all successful candidates are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (full vaccination is required). In order to provide you with fair & equitable accommodation, you must submit supporting medical exemption documentation or an affidavit detailing why your religion prohibits you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Oak Valley Health diversity statement
Oak Valley Health takes pride in serving some of Canada’s most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and we encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, persons with disabilities, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Oak Valley Health. Furthermore, Oak Valley Health is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
We are honoured to be recognized as one of Forbes Canada's Best Employers for Diversity 2022. We ranked within the top 150 organizations across the country. Learn more about our commitment to EDI.