Oak Valley Health is a large community hospital providing care at three locations - Markham Stouffville Hospital, Uxbridge Hospital and the Reactivation Care Centre. Oak Valley Health honours the traditional territory of the closest Indigenous communities, the Chippewas (chi-puh-waas) of Georgina Island and the Mississaugas of Scugog Island. The Haudenosaunee (Ho-de-no-shau-nee) and Anishinaabe (Ah-nish-in-ah-beh) have lived, worked and existed on this land from time immemorial. This land is covered by Treaty 13 signed with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaty signed with many Mississauga and Chippewa bands.
With a focus on patient experience, safe, high-quality care and innovation, our dedicated team provides care to over 435,000 patients a year. At Oak Valley Health, we are honoured to care and continually evolve our programs and services to meet the needs of our growing community. We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Medical Administration Coordinator to help us deliver exceptional care beyond our walls.
The Medical Administration Coordinator is a key role in our corporation. Your experience will be instrumental in coordinating the credentialing of over 550 Board Appointed Professional Staff.
What you will be responsible for:
- Processing initial applications for appointment and reappointment of the medical, dental and midwifery staff in accordance with the requirements of the Public Hospitals Act, the Hospital By-Laws and Hospital Policy;
- Lifecycle administration and support for medical, dental and midwifery staff including but not limited to communication, setups, onboarding appointments and off boarding;
- Maintaining and updating Medical Administration databases and information;
- Supporting various committees administratively including the Medical Staff Association and the Credentials Committee;
- Preparing various correspondences, reports and submissions including appointment letters, stipends and ad hoc requests;
- identifying and bringing any concerns relative to applications to the attention of the Medical Administration leadership
- Administrative duties as assigned - invoices, orders
Who you are:
- You encompass Oak Valley Health’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
- You are a patient and/or client centered individual who performs at an exemplary standard
- You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking & customer service skills
What you bring to Oak Valley Health:
- Administrative experience in a hospital setting, preferably in Medical Administration.
- Strong attention to detail, superior organization skills and work ethic.
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated professionalism and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office software applications & proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, business intelligence tools, process mapping, and presentation software
- Demonstrated reliability with good attendance/performance records.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required.
- Flexibility with working hours.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection to patients, staff and members of the public attending in the hospital, prior to the first day of employment with the Hospital, all successful candidates are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (full vaccination is required). In order to provide you with fair & equitable accommodation, you must submit supporting medical exemption documentation or an affidavit detailing why your religion prohibits you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Oak Valley Health Diversity Statement
Oak Valley Health takes pride in serving some of Canada’s most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one’s personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Oak Valley Health is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.