Position: Team Member - General Operations
Position Type: Full TimeQuick Plant Facts
- Will have over 1,600 Team Members after ramp-up!
- Plant size of over 660,000 sq ft!
- Plant is brand new and incorporates leading edge health and safety, food safety, environmental, and animal welfare processes and technologies to advance our vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth.
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences.
Compensation: Rates starting from $ 22.22 with opportunities to earn more!What we have to offer:
- Exciting opportunities are available across various shifts at our new plant located at 1577 Wilton Grove Rd, London, Ontario.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Exciting opportunities to learn and grow with us
- Competitive wages, shift premiums, bonuses, and rewards & recognition, and referral programs
- Benefit and Dental plans including short-term and long-term disability, major medical, and life insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee & family assistance program (EFAP), Employee resource groups (ERG's), and Mental health support programs.
- Work on the production line in a variety of roles to produce high quality poultry products following all health & safety and food quality and safety standards
- Monitor product quality and specifications and performs necessary checks
- Operate production equipment including managing parameters, monitoring performance, and reporting issues
- Perform other tasks according to daily requirements and working overtime when necessary
- You are a team player who is willing to learn new tasks
- You are able to read, write and communicate in English
- You are comfortable handling or working around raw poultry products
- You are able to work in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, Health & Safety and WHMIS requirements
- You are able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks in a wide range of environmental conditions
All applicants must be 18 years or older and provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted several COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination at their orientation. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.