This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Production Supervisor - Contract A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value - creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth. Our job is to make great food Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement. Raise the Good in Food We have united behind a shared purpose - to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security. Our Leadership Values Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product, scheduling and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules and resolving problems
- Supervision of production employees, achievement of production objectives, verification and implementation of manufacturing procedures
- Takes initiative and exercises timely and good judgment in day to day business decisions
- Maintains a safe working environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with the OHSA, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company safety rules, GMP’s and HACCP including documentation
- Support QA with food safety issues relating to processing. Act as a role model in following food safety protocols.
- Reduction and elimination of workplace accidents. Conducts accident investigations and takes an active role in WCB case management ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and /or productive duties
- Develops, directs, manages, trains, and motivates employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in a timely manner
- Maintains a positive employee relations’ environment by communicating effectively with peers, employees and managers
- Administration of the Collective Agreement and other company policies and procedures
- Completion of payroll and attendance records for the department’s employees using KRONOS
- Continuously improves the manufacturing process in Supporting Six Sigma methodologies by identifying opportunities and breakthrough thinking.
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise and facility Mission statement. Ensure our product production is wholesome and to offer suggestions to improve food safety on the production floor.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning - courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change
- Experience and commitment to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations
- Embraces the Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front line employee relations issues.
- A good listener with excellent written communication skills
- Self-directed, mature and professional approach to project work
- Must posses strong interpersonal, leadership, presentation and analytical skills
- Results oriented
- Well established organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to successfully use MS Office and other computer software application programs necessary for Maple Leaf Operations
- Must be physically fit and able to multitask, quickly adjusting from one task to another
- Presence may be required on the production floor for long periods of time and/or repetitively
- Independent and collaborative work environment
- Work a 2 week rotating shift schedule between days and afternoons, with the ability to adjust based on the needs of the business
The incumbent is comfortable motivating and inspiring others, who has a confident and professional attitude, especially when faced with difficult situations and/or people. This individual is someone who thrives in a challenging, productive environment built on respectful collaboration and will strive to complete tasks promptly and adhere to deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Maple Leaf Foods Inc.'s offers that may interest you