This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Inventory Coordinator - Contract A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value - creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth. Our job is to make great food Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement. Raise the Good in Food We have united behind a shared purpose - to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security. Our Leadership Values Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Daily inventory management, investigation, and resolution of issues at third party warehouses for a defined area of the business
- Liaison with cross functional teams to arrange movement of inventory between shipper, warehouse, and customer
- Actively resolve inventory discrepancies with manufacturing facilities and 3PL’s to allow for seamless movement of inventory through MLF network to avoid risks to production
- Single point of contact for assigned 3PL warehouses
- Review products for tankage and/or rework; arrange disposition to QA/plants
- Monitor the return of goods, provide disposition and organize activities between Transportation, Quality Assurance, Maple Leaf plants and third-party warehouses
- Work with SC Planning team, Sales, Customer Service and Purchasing to organize any rush orders, special services, or requests as required
- Complete period accruals and weekly invoice processing
- Work with Finance to complete any required inventory inquiries and adjustments
- Provide support and analytics on various projects and initiatives as required
- System updates (EDI support)
- Support ongoing cost savings initiatives
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Commitment to Learning - courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Strong problem-solving, communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to successfully take on several tasks at once
- Strong comprehension of warehousing and inventory management an asset
- Functional knowledge of SAP
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and processes
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a Warehousing/Supply Chain discipline preferred
- Post-secondary education preferred in related disciplines (BA, CSCP, CPIM, etc).
- Strong alignment to Maple Leaf’s Values
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Maple Leaf Foods Inc.'s offers that may interest you