This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Commitment to work-life balance
Employee assistance program
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Public transportation nearby
Registered retirement savings plan
Regular hours of employment are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Full Time – Contract for duration of program funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research rental market, identify prospective landlords and appropriate units to meet the needs of Mainstay tenants
• Conduct landlord outreach activities to build relationships and educate landlords on the program
• Create and maintain partnerships with property managers and other agencies who service the required units, eg. Case Managers.
• Develop and maintain a housing inventory of available and occupied units suitable for the program.
• Perform housing quality inspections prior to placement of tenants.
• Share housing research reports and information for the TMS Manager, tenants potentially participating in the program, and their Supportive Housing Workers
• Market the program and educate tenants and staff about the program, including required documents.
• Review tenants’ needs and desires for housing units; including type, location, rental amounts, etc., and provide guidance on prospective properties that can be visited with the tenant.
• Negotiate lease terms, utilities, move-in dates. Work with landlord to reduce or eliminate as many barriers to housing entry as possible.
• Coordinate with tenants and their support workers on the lease-up process, including attending lease signing.
• Coordinate moving assistance, and complete reports and database information.
• Provide post move-in support to ensure long-term tenancy success.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services Field
• Minimum of three years’ experience in supportive housing/affordable housing industry
• Knowledge of Toronto neighbourhoods where rental housing is located, and knowledge of housing/building codes and safety standards of housing
• Knowledge and experience with leasing activity and the Residential Tenancies Act.
• Experience working with formerly homeless and marginalized populations living with mental illness, addiction issues and other complex needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding homelessness/poverty and how these impact on people living with mental illness/substance use
• Proficiency in English; effective written & verbal communication skills
• Process improvement and problem-solving skills
• Critical thinking, and data analysis
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative and work positively with team efforts towards the Mission of Mainstay
• Demonstrated sensitivity to working in an environment diverse in abilities and cultures
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgement
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, internet, scheduling and databases
• Valid driver’s license
• Prior experience in real estate, project management, sales or a related field strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with the Mental Health Act.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mainstay Housing's offers that may interest you