This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Deco Automotive, located in Rexdale and Brampton, Ontario is an automotive parts manufacturing facility that produces structural automotive components for Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEM”) including BMW, Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Tesla, and Toyota/Lexus. Deco Automotives’ capabilities include; Stamping, Hydroforming, Laser, CNC Machining, E Coating, Steel and Aluminum Assembly. We are certified in ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
Assist Program Managers in securing and following through to production of tools and dies used in the manufacturing of stamped metal components and assemblies.
• Support new business quotes with part feasibilities, and costing; be able to calculate coil strip widths and feed lengths, set number of stations required, estimate tonnage requirements, run and interpret stamping simulations and formulate detailed RFQs
• Performing tool shop visits to ensure timely delivery of high quality production tools and dies,
• Conduct die design reviews ensuring all disciplines are represented in an effort to ensure all elements and requirements of the Deco Automotive Die Standards are being adhered to while providing a robust design which givens consideration to both part quality, production capabilities and maintenance of the tool,
• Ensure tool shops are providing updated timelines to ensure timelines to ensure timely delivery of the sample parts and completed tools,
• Co-ordinate and conduct tool tryouts in Deco Automotive presses to support pre-production requirements and buy-off procedures,
• Ensures that he/she is in full compliance with the laws of Ontario and/or any other location while representing Deco Automotive during the use of Deco provided equipment,
• Work within the guidelines of the Deco Associate Handbook,
• TS16949 awareness and adherence,
• ISO14001 awareness and adherence,
• Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts awareness and adherence,
• Commitment to continuous improvement and workplace safety,
• Other duties as may be required.
• Tool and Die Maker with minimum 5 years experience beyond completion of formal apprenticeship,
• Capable of reading and interpreting customer parts drawings and specifications including material specs, performance expectations and GD&T,
• Minimum 5 years in Project Management and follow-up tools and dies using timelines and open issues matrixes to ensure timely delivery of high quality low cost tooling,
• Able to direct tryout activities with Deco Automotive facilities.
• Must be proficient in the use of all forms of measurement tools used in the automotive stamping industry including vernier calipers, micrometers, checking fixtures and attribute gauges.
• Accepts personal responsibility to plan and conduct their work safety in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act as well as company policies and guidelines.
• Responsible for good housekeeping in your area.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you