This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The System Engineer (SE) will participate in the planning, design, installation, monitoring, and support of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems and Server applications like (SCCM, SCOM, PKI, ...). The SE administers standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with corporate and customer objectives to improve system availability, reliability, recoverability, or manageability. Performs server/application maintenance and housekeeping. Performs other functions and assists team as necessary or at the direction of Infrastructure Management and/or other IT management.
- Participates in the Planning, Design, Installation, monitoring, and support of Windows Server platforms, VMware/Hyper-V technologies and cloud technologies, back-up/communications equipment and server management tools. Support network operating systems.
- Participates in all phases of Active Directory Administration / Azure Active Directory, analysis, and monitoring at a highly technical level; analyze complex computer system requirements to provide integration and implementation support.
- Troubleshoots, manages, and maintains system performance. Monitors capacity versus utilization for hardware, system throughput, and licensing. Recommends appropriate actions on a timely basis to avoid performance degradation and/or oversubscription Implement security procedures through physical measures, OS, Application configuration, using Magna and industry security standards.
- Administer standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with corporate and business objectives to improve system availability, reliability, recoverability, or manageability. Develop start-up and shutdown procedures, search for/apply corrective patches to operating systems and application software and develop operational processes/configurations.
- Process implementation in support of business initiatives.
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of High School or equivalent.
- Microsoft Server Certifications, Active Directory Certifications.
- Azure Cloud Certifications.
- 3 to less than 5 years of work-related experience.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to prioritize and deal with many issues at one time.
- Demonstrated analysis skills to ensure that solutions perform as expected.
- Collaborate and consult, with other technical or development teams, on projects.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies, tools, and applications related to job.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills to relate to various levels of users and relate their needs to other personnel. Must be able to express technical idiom in an unambiguous manner.
- Communicate with co-workers, management customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions.
- Prompt, regular attendance.
- Able to communicate in English (German, Spanish desirable) Language (listening, writing, speaking).
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
- Regular overnight travel 10-25% of the time.
05--Information Technology F--Permanent/Regular
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you