This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: 13768
Group: Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting
Division: Autosystems America, Inc.
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
- PDP and Business Protocol Adherence
- Meet all commitments - confront and elevate issues timely
- Proven track record in performance and attendance in current position
- Able to focus on and support the product engineering process, ensuring high levels of product integrity
- Communicate program information to Resident Engineer, and other team members when deemed necessary
- Own and champion the following activities:
- CAD model updates, drawing updates for all post launch design changes resulting from VA/VE, warranty or customer driven changes
- Customer databanks (CAD data + customer drawings) for all post launch design changes
- Validation Fixture Designs and Procurement
- Work with suppliers from quoting phase to certification phase and hand-off to labs
- Diploma in Industrial / Mechanical Engineering/Technologist or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering environment, where automotive experience would be an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in at least one on of the following CAD programs: Unigraphics, Catia (experience in both would be an asset)
- Ability to assess problems encountered and support the Resident Engineer in the resolution of issues within standard project management policies, processes and practices
- Proficiency in solid modeling CAD (Unigraphics, Catia)
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Minitab, etc.)
- Ability to efficiently work in a fast paced team environment
- Effective communication (written & verbal) with various departments within Magna Lighting and with customer as required
- Organization of documentation, records, time, priority setting and deadlines
- Self-Motivated, ability to initiate and follow tasks through to completion
- Knowledge of various processes (i.e. molding, coating, assembly etc.)
- Knowledge of basic concepts of metrology and instrumentation
- Able to travel and work flexible hours to accommodate international Customers
- Problem solving related to manufacturing
- Strong Presentation skills
Physical Demands - Ability to move around on the production floor; Ability to bend, twist, lift, reach. Required to carry out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment that may include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise and/or temperature. Ability to lift max. 50lbs periodically.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you