This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: 21644
Group: Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting
Division: Windsor Modules
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
This position involves the direct supervision of numerous hourly rated employees in the achievement of their specific quality and productivity objectives as set out by Windsor Modules.
• Minimum grade 12 (high school) diploma; post-secondary education preferred.
• Previous related experience preferred
• Possess mature, consistent attitude towards responsibilities of the position.
• Ability to consider broad-scope issues, alternatives and impacts from a business standpoint
• Sound ability to make decisions quickly and take reasonable risk.
• Strong leadership skills, able to lead by example whenever necessary
• Ability to facilitate and promote a team approach to problem solving, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement.
• Self-motivated; ability to work independently, take initiative and willingly accept responsibility.
• Results oriented
• Ability to meet commitments and follow through.
• Ability to confront issues directly and hold others accountable.
• Ability to develop and motivate employees to achieve goals and influence change.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Capable of performing under pressure and with short completion times on projects.
• Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution ability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to address a variety of audiences.
• Safe working practices
• Sound computer knowledge
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote company culture and ensure discipline to all company policies and procedures.
• Supervises hourly employees in the performance of their job.
• Coordinates the training of new employees on respective lines to perform all operations and to follow safety requirements in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
• Maintains time and attendance for all hourly employees as directed.
• Ensures equipment is properly set-up on respective line(s).
• Schedules daily line production to meet customer demand and plots productivity changes daily.
• Ensures 5S standards are enforced & establishes team to embrace continuous improvement
• Assist in the process of Job Task Analysis and Hazard Identification for machinery in their area.
• Ensure employees' do pre-start inspections and co-sign checklist to verify completion.
• Perform daily-unplanned inspections. Ensure that inspection is appropriately documented.
• Responsible to ensure Employee Development Plans are in place for the department, if applicable.
• Responsible and accountable to manage, support and provide direction to all staff within the department - including Performance Reviews and Employee Development Plans, if applicable.
• Communication through line/department meetings.
• Responsible for collecting Business Centre data related to the overall measurables of the unit; benchmarking and analyzing these trends and establishing related action plans.
• Ensures confidentiality of all company personnel data
• Overtime and travel may be required to support achievement of objectives.
• Responsible for the accident/incident investigation program, determine root causes, correct actions and following-up to ensure completion.
• Correct unsafe acts or conditions, ensuring all health and safety policies are followed.
• Conduct planned workplace inspections, as scheduled by the Environmental, Health and Safety Department
• Performs all duties in accordance with TS16949 and ISO 14001
• Promote all aspects of Magna’s Corporate Constitution, Employee Charter and Operational Principles
• Ensures visibility and accessibility to employees, by practicing Management By Walking Around (MBWA)
• Performs other duties as required.
ACCOUNTABILITY / PERFORMANCE MEASUREABLES
• Health and Safety measurable
• Employee development
• QOS Metrics
• Internal/External Customers
• Manpower allocation
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you