This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: 17583
Job Type: Salaried
Location: Penetanguishene, ON
Product Development Engineering is responsible for the overall development of product design required to introduce a new product. They are responsible for all product engineering aspects from the quotation phase through the life of the production part.
- Owner of the product design for the entire life cycle.
- Support in design & development of new products according to customer requirements;
- Research new product design opportunities;
- Analysis new designs and products for quality, technical and economic feasibility;
- Support with maintaining all relevant records related to new product and tool design, try-out history and production history for reference in future development; organize incoming/outgoing CAD information;
- As required support SOR review, Quotes EQS, presentations at technical review and Lessons learned.
- Owner of the DVP&R and PVP&R and root cause of problems.
- Owner of the formal design reviews.
- Owner of the product Specific Characteristic Mapping
- Owner of the product engineering open issues List
- Support with translation and pull down of data from our Customers and use our standard products to assist with the quote build up process.
- Coordinate and perform FMVSS/DVP&R test validations, including fixture design and setup;
- Support CAD and material/process specification for quoting activity;
- Technical communication including but not limited to: SR&ED tax project outlines, design review presentations, patent applications;
- Communication with the customer (and or Internal Engineering Sales) on product issues.
- Review a product to ensure the product is designed for Manufacturability and meets our customer’s performance objectives.
- Understanding of component and manufacturing cost and the ability to develop quotations.
- Understanding of all process used to create our core products. (Hinge, Wire forming)
- Support in the creation of GD&T for assembly and components. Understanding of different processes and tolerances outcomes.
- The ability to review and interpret technical specifications.
- Manage engineering changes. (Math data control)
- Support in creation of value -stream maps for the process to determine optimal process.
- Work with cross-functional team to complete APQP process and required documentation.
- Ability to be creative to make recommendation on new processes and ensure existing equipment is utilized.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up every open issue to closure.
- Ability to be innovative in product design ideas and process ideas to support/create VA/VE ideas.
- Ensure that established OEE quality, availability and performance standards are achieved at product launch
- Liaise with customers on issues related to product design, feasibility and engineering changes;
- Ability to critique tooling designs and work with design to complete the details of tooling changes.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ensure that all environmental requirements are identified and addressed when performing duties.
- Ensure that all safety requirements are being carried out when performing duties.
- Comply with defined Business Management and Environmental Management Systems requirements.
- Provide support for the continuous improvement initiatives within Techform.
- Provide support in the attainment of Techform's operating system goals as outlined by the key graphs.
- Carry out all duties focusing on the goal of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designate
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required/or relevant experience with mechanical assembly, welded, stamped, and/or wireform products.
- The ability to create and interpret complex blueprints with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing is required;
- Catia V5 is a requirement. UG NX definite asset.
- Ansys-Non linear FEA a definite asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail is key;
- Ability to create DVP&R, DFMEA/ Support PFMEA and Support Control plan requirements for product and process.
- Understanding of wire forming, stamping process, metal forming, resistance and MIG welding.
- Ability to use Outlook, Word, Excel, 3D viewers, and PowerPoint is required.
- An individual in this position must be capable of initiating and directing their work with minimal or no supervision.
- Experience launching products with automotive OEMs is an asset
- Attends to Details
- Organizes Work
- Communicates Effectively
- Results Orientated
- Mathematical Aptitu
- Time Conscious
- Copes with Deadlines
- Exercises Judgement
- Analyses Data
- Makes Decisions
- Trains Others
- Team Player
- Manages Change
- Presents to Others
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the duties and responsibilities specified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act Sections 28.
- Ensure all safety and non-safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure adherence to established safety, quality and housekeeping standards and participate in the continuous improvement process.
- Attends Environmental Health and Safety training
- Adhere to Mechatronics and Techform health and safety, environmental, and quality standards, policies and procedures
- Follow compliance obligations
- Report any known near miss, environmental impact, hazard, defect, incident or compliance issue to the employer or supervisor
- Assist in near miss, hazard and incident investigations and provide input on corrective actions
- Understand BILL 168 and uphold the policies that prohibit domestic violence, workplace violence and harassment in the Workplace.
The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you