This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: 17580
Job Type: Salaried
Location: Penetanguishene, ON
This position is accountable to maintain salaried and hourly payroll ensuring all necessary documents and changes made comply with legislated requirements and the employee handbook. Maintains the corporate HRIS system (PeopleSoft/Workday). Ensures accurate benefit calculations and resolution of discrepancies. Prepares and reconciles the monthly payroll journals and accruals. Administers the DPSP annual input. Reconciles the federal remittance accounts.
- Prepares & verifies all changes to salaried payroll including one-time payments
- Prepares & verifies hourly payroll prior to release including calculations, input, and distribution of pay statements and cheques
- Responsible for mass imports into personal computer payroll system (PCPW) for all employees
- Imports and audits employee data from human resources information system (HRIS)
- Calculates and prepares manual pay cheques as required
- Maintains validation tables in PCPW including establishing new codes and calculations
- Calculates RRSP biweekly remittances and reports values to Corporate
- Responds promptly to employee/management payroll inquiries
- Provides E-time training on specific attributes of E-time program
- Provide support for current time and attendance systems.
- Maintains pay code mapping from E-time/Synerion to PCPW
- Maintains all employee data in PeopleSoft/Workday HRIS system
- Administers benefit program for all employees (updates benefit software and prepares and submits monthly billings) including reviewing rates, resolving rate issues and working with Human Resources to maintain the accuracy of all benefits
- Updates benefits system with regard to new employee changes in premiums and changes in employee information
- Coordinates & prepares mass import files for PeopleSoft/Workday
- Uploads the monthly Payroll Journal entry into DRIVE, corrects, adjusts and balances the journal
- Maintains journal mappings to departmental General Ledger accounts
- Provides details to departmental managers regarding specific payroll charges
- Resolves journal issues
- Prepares the monthly accrual journal entry in DRIVE
- Reconciles the Payroll Clearing, Net Pay Voids & other related payroll General Ledger accounts
- Utilizes Report smith & PeopleSoft reporting tools to design custom detailed reports upon request
- Calculates and reports the deferred profit-sharing (DPSP) hours and earnings
- Processes year-end, statutory (i.e. T4’s) and corporate filings (i.e. DPSP)
- Reconciles Stat. Remittances including Employer Health Tax, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and Canada Revenue Agency
- Investigates annual Pier reports
- Acts as the main contact for any CRA audits
- Manages Hypothetical Tax deductions and payments for Expatriate employees
- Play an integral role in the Workday/ADP systems implementation in 2021
- Perform other duties as required
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the duties and responsibilities specified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act Sections 28.
- Ensure all safety and non-safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure adherence to established safety, quality and housekeeping standards and participate in the continuous improvement process.
- Attends Environmental Health and Safety training
- Adhere to Mechatronics and Techform health and safety, environmental, and quality standards, policies and procedures
- Follow compliance obligations
- Report any known near miss, environmental impact, hazard, defect, incident or compliance issue to the employer or supervisor
- Assist in near miss, hazard and incident investigations and provide input on corrective actions
- Understand BILL 168 and uphold the policies that prohibit domestic violence, workplace violence and harassment in the Workplace.
- Customer satisfaction based on support provided.
- Deadline Attainment
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- 3 to less than 5 years of work-related experience.
- Successful completion of accredited payroll course
- Experience in an automated environment
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Full working knowledge of payroll software, reporting software, word processing, spreadsheets, HRIS software and DRIVE
- Accounting skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you