This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
Perform all duties with the superior customer service with a focus on continuous improvement. Liaise between operations and suppliers to ensure timely supply of raw parts and manage inventory transactions.
Effectively and timely communicate any interruption (or potential interruption), in part supply to Materials Manager and production. Ensure effective follow through until resolution is reached.
- Proactively manage component & WIP supply in a JIT environment.
- Monitor the days on hand & Star report to ensure on time delivery.
- Initiate and follow up with suppliers as required (daily, hourly etc).
- Provide updates on any expedited part supply during off hours as required.
- Log and provide corrective action for any premium freight - if applicable.
- Execute the MRP process and ensure check list is completed.
- Prepare, review and send weekly supplier releases.
- Champion the supplier inventory and freight reduction glide path initiatives.
- Identify any suppliers deviating from the over / under shipment expectations.
- Develop a rapport with suppliers to facilitate good communications
- Key member of the PFEP (Plan For Every Part) process.
- Develop a working knowledge of part processes and lead times.
- Data entry for outside processing packing slips if required.
Key Responsibilities Cont'd
- Conduct cycle counts at Cam-Slide and at the supply base if required.
- Reconcile CUMs with suppliers weekly or as required.
- Key member in the annual physical inventory.
- Request/review corrective action requests (8D’s) from delinquent suppliers
- Reconcile Inventory issues and lead supplier monthly reconciliations as required.
- Ensure suppliers are meeting delivery window times and container packaging requirements, while updating shipping/receiving screens
- Supplier development of assigned high risk suppliers
- Issue/follow up with (QPF) Delivery Performance report for non-conformances.
- Participate, adhere and develop operating procedures as part of the company’s ongoing implementation of IATF 16949 activities.
- Continuous improvements on inventory reductions
- Adhere to all MAFACT Requirements
- Must comply with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) systems and standards as it pertains to their work
- Abide by all AODA and C-TPAT procedures that apply to their position
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Materials Planner
- Grade 12, College or University
- TRANS4M Experience
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience working with MRP in a JIT environment an asset
- Proven negotiation skills - Ability to multi-task / prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills - a team player
- Detail oriented
- Good understanding of production process flow
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to work overtime and be on call as required
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
13--Materials Management F--Permanent/Regular
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you