This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
The IT Operations Analyst is a technically savvy and customer focused individual and a member of the Shared Service Group (SSG), Canada. This role ensures that the performance obligations of in-house computing systems are met and are in line with the standards set by Magna Global IT. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of systems management, maintenance, and performance. The IT Operations Analyst is also responsible for being the primary IT escalation point for the divisional team onsite, generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve malfunctions and make the appropriate recommendations in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Monitors, restores service, changes, supports, administers and handles day-to-day activities required to run the mission critical IT systems (ERP, MES, GL, etc) for the division ensuring business service levels are met, environments are managed.
- Supports all plant operational activities, resolving critical system issues on an ongoing basis. Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the division.
- Monitors (infrastructure, applications, and business transactions/flows), maintains & restores service for the infrastructure, applications (online and offline), and security, while meeting service level agreements for infrastructure, applications, and data/reporting.
- Analyzes and resolves problems both independently and in a team setting. Researches and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Provides Help / Service Desk support, as well as coordinates and facilitates Incident Management, deploys changes to the production environment, and engages 3rd party providers contracted to the division during an incident . Ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution. Executes fail-over and/or Disaster Recover of infrastructure and applications in support of business continuity plans of the divisions.
- Lead IT projects, audits and ensure security compliance.
- Assists in the analysis, design, and provide support during implementation on divisional projects.
- Support project managers, systems administrators, and end users to define systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues. Supports other IT project teams in their engagement with business and end-users.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Documents and communicates assigned work, problems, issues and progress to immediate project team, and management in a timely manner.
- 2-5 years supporting IT operations and systems.
- College Diploma in Computer Systems/Science or equivalent level of experience combined with related training in IT.
- Experience in a manufacturing (automotive) environment would be an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven experience in IT Operations processes and ITIL.
- Proven experience in end user support.
- Understands the core business processes involved in the systems.
- Understands core manufacturing systems like ERP and MES.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Organizational Units.
- Extensive knowledge supporting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, both Server and Workstation.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Strong emphasis on identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge on office information systems, relational database architectures, internet and intranet development.
- Knowledge on VMware Vsphere ESX 4/ESXi 5/5.1/5.5/6.0, vCentre 4/5.5, vMotion.
- Knowledge on networking technologies of routers, switches, VLAN management and Wi-Fi.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Office environment; 10% local travel required to Magna production locations, etc. While working in production environments, the employee may be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process otherwise working environment is office setting.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
05--Information Technology F--Permanent/Regular
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you