This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Video Link - http://bit.do/polycon
A Division of Magna, Polycon Industries is a World Class supplier of automotive parts. Polycon moulds, paints, assembles and sequences automotive products to OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
Job Profile: The Automation Technician is responsible for implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining all automation equipment including, robotics and controls programming of the various Mould equipment and processes. Ensures preventative maintenance is kept up. Makes all necessary repairs quickly and independently.
PAY RATE: $41.19/Hr (after probationary period)
- PLC, robot and HMI programming, implementation and troubleshooting
- Preventative maintenance of production and support equipment
- Repair of equipment
- Design, verification and maintenance of electrical schematics
- Assist in setting up, maintaining programming, electrical components and schematic standards
- Assist in proper maintenance of all programming software, application files and programming hardware
- Completion of all required work orders and associated paperwork
- Responsible to improve equipment reliability and uptime related to automation and controls
- Implementation of Continuous Improvement Ideas related to automation and robotics as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology (Robot and Automation Program) and/or Provincial Electricians Ticket (442A or 309A) or applicable substitute
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with automated equipment
- Previous experience with automated mould, production and process equipment preferred
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
- Strong knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Strong Knowledge of Robotics (ABB, Fanuc, Motoman)
- Strong knowledge of HMI programming (FTV, View, RSView32)
- Strong knowledge of various networks (Ethernet/IP, DH+, RIO, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus2, RS232)
- Able to interpret and design electrical schematics
- Excellent problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and lead problem-solving teams
- Must have a strong awareness of safety and proven safety record
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Magna International's offers that may interest you