This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
To provide high quality, specialized nursing care to patients and their families by effectively utilizing the nursing process and following established standards of practice, both within the hospital and the nursing profession.
- Graduate of a recognized program for Registered Practical Nurses.
- Current certificate of registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Mental Health Certificate (or willing to obtain within the first year of employment).
- Current First Aid/BCLS certificate.
- Current CPI NVCI certificate preferred (or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire).
- Minimum 2 years of RPN experience in an acute inpatient mental health unit.
- Good knowledge of psychiatric/mental health nursing, including diagnoses and interventions, both therapeutic and pharmacological.
- Good critical thinking, decision making, problem solving and crisis intervention skills.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mackenzie Health's offers that may interest you