This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
As a Registered Nurse, you will use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you will contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- 5 years of recent nursing experience in a critical care setting within the last 2 years.
- Ability to initiate Intravenous (IV) cannulation and maintain IV therapy.
- Competency with sterile techniques.
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
- Competent to perform pre and post procedure assessments of patients’ physical and psychological well-being.
- Proven clinical experience with physiological monitoring and strong documentation skills
- Physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the role based on an assessment conducted by the Occupational Health and Safety Department.
- Practices in accordance with the CNO’s Confidentiality and Privacy-Personal Health Information Practice Standard and adheres to the policies and procedures of Mackenzie Health.
What else do you bring?
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Ability to effectively address and resolve issues including conflict in a productive and respectful manner.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Experience in Interventional Radiology
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by ONA
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mackenzie Health's offers that may interest you