This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
As an integral member of the Redevelopment department, and working under the direction of the Construction Manager, will act as the hospital’s representative working with a multi-disciplinary team of hospital staff, professional consultants, contractors, subcontractors to guide the planning, design, implementation, contract administration and close out of multiple projects, across the hospital sites, including the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital (MVH).
The incumbent will work closely with hospital users to plan and design the physical space requirements to support process redesign objectives and hospital policies and procedures. The incumbent will ensure that plans are developed in accordance with best practice, adhering to applicable codes, standards and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for providing technical input and support to the Construction Manager where required.
- Liaises with departmental team members within the hospital team to ensure all associated project activities are coordinated.
- Responsible for site review of architectural building assemblies, finishes, coordination and integration of M, E and S requirements.
- Contributes reviews and edits various monthly newsletters/ publications which support the progress of the Redevelopment Office.
- Prepares RFPs for retention of consultants and contractors.
- Works with Redevelopment team and specialty consultants to ensure cohesive and complete documents.
- Liaises and works with architects and engineering consultants during design and construction of projects to ensure the needs of the clients and the hospital are met.
- Minimum completion of a recognized Architectural degree or recognized equivalent required.
- B. Arch, B. Tech, or Degree in Engineering Technology preferred.
- CSC Principles of Construction Documentation and CSC Construction Contract Administration preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience required.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent problem recognition and resolution skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Ability to produce high quality reports and meet scheduling deadlines required.
- Proficient computer literacy required (CADD, Microsoft Project 2000, Excel spread sheet applications and other project management programs.)
- Dedicated access to a car to travel between hospital sites is required
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- You may be required to work at all sites of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mackenzie Health's offers that may interest you