This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Health Information Management Specialist - Health Information Services
Casual Part Time
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Health Information Management Specialists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Health Information Management Professional is the subject matter expert in applying his/her health information management knowledge and skills in a complex fully electronic information and technical healthcare environment. He/she is responsible for the electronic health records management, quality analysis and patients’ privacy as well as appropriate access to information. He/she will promote positive relations with patients, internal and external stakeholders such as physicians, staff and outside agencies for ensuring appropriate communication and compliance with organizational, regulatory, and Health Information Management standards and requirements.
What must you have?
- Certified Health Information Management certification in good standing with CHIMA (Canadian Health Information Management Association) or equivalent HIM designation
- Post-secondary education in a recognized accredited Health Information Management program
What else do you bring?
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws (e.g., PHIPA, Public Hospital Act)
- Proficient in medical terminology; Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and to function effectively in a fast paced environment, adapting and responding to changing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, time management and self-learning ability
- Reliable, consistent attendance and team-player
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Professional experience in a Health Information Services environment.
- Working knowledge of EPIC, McKesson, Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) and Admission, Discharge, transfer (ADT) functions.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mackenzie Health's offers that may interest you