This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Permanent Part Time positions
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals - Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital - and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a part of the Medical Imaging Team, the Clinical Assistant, Medical Imaging will guide and inform patients and their families arriving in Medical Imaging from the different CVH floors. You will contribute to the optimal function of the Medical Imaging Department working with technologists from the different modalities, with nurses and physicians to provide support to patients and their families. The Clinical Assistant will also be responsible for contributing to patient flow and enhancing patient experience in Medical Imaging.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Prepping inpatients for different exams.
• Triaging and booking inpatients with the technologists’ input.
• Assisting patients who are required to change for their test; providing them with information on how to dress and where to store their personal belongings.
• Keeping in touch with the different Modalities regarding inpatients and outpatients cancellations
• Ensuring patients have retrieved their personal belongings at the end of their appointment and inform them on wait times to go back to their respective rooms.
• Monitoring and restocking linens and other supplies.
• Helping to porter patients between the different MI modalities; and to and from Modalities to Central Holding.
• Helping to safely transfer/lift patients when needed/required.
• Chaperoning for exams when needed.
• Giving patients and their families an estimate time of departure back to their respective floors.
• Cleaning and disinfecting the area between patients.
• Transporting specimens/bloodwork to appropriate areas.
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Responding to emergency situations.
• Assisting with other duties as requested by the Medical Imaging Team.
What must you have?
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Medical terminology certificate.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
• Physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the role based on an assessment conducted by the Occupational Health and Safety Department.
What else do you bring?
• Ability to use tablet technology and efficiency with keyboarding skills.
• Proven attendance record.
• Respect for the privacy and confidentiality of patient.
• Demonstrated understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a sound knowledge of English and an ability to deliver information effectively to others.
• Excellent interpersonal and listening skills with an ability to work effectively with others including patients and families.
• Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within an interprofessional team within Medical Imaging.
• Work collaboratively with an interprofessional team external to the Medical Imaging department
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring Models behavior that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health-Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Medical Imaging experience preferred.
• Ability to speak a second language.
• Computer proficiency with experience working with electronic medical records.
• Standard First Aid/ Basic Rescuer Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.) certification.
*This position is represented by OPSEU Paramedical
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mackenzie Health's offers that may interest you