This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Permanent Full Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Administrative Secretaries who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
To provide secretarial and administrative support for the Managers’ portfolios in Pharmacy Services
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Working with minimal supervision, will provide secretarial support on a day-to-day basis for Pharmacy Services’ department, managers, and staff as required
• Ensures that all meetings and agendas in calendars of Secretary and Managers are current and coordinated utilizing Microsoft® Outlook
• Prepares and distributes agendas and correspondence required for Pharmacy meetings.
• Takes minutes at meetings and produces them within 48 hours.
• Supports the management team with the onboarding of new staff, volunteers and students
• Compiles medication incident reports monthly, quarterly, annually as required for the Medication Safety Committee and Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and Pharmacy Quality and Practice Council.
• Make arrangements for any equipment repairs, maintenance as appropriate (i.e. PCs,
What must you have?
• Graduate of a recognized 2-year secretarial program at a Canadian Community College including a course on medical terminology or graduate of a recognized Canadian Community College Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician program
What else do you bring?
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality record.
• Commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
• Strong ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Adapts readily to change and working in an interdisciplinary team.
• Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and accurately.
• Strong assessment skills.
• Conflict management skills
• Advanced computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook at a senior level.
• Demonstrated ability to transcribe pharmacy and Mackenzie Health (MH) documents which incorporate medical terminology quickly and accurately.
• Seeks help and accepts guidance when a gap in competence is identified.
• Maintains own competency.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Secretarial experience at a senior level, an asset
• Excellent knowledge and use of medical terminology, in particular pharmacy terminology.
*May be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mackenzie Health's offers that may interest you