This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service more than 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family-one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey-we could be perfect for each other.
Under the direction of the Pro Merchandising Manager, the Specialist is responsible for supporting all Merchandising activities and assigned tasks within product groups to ensure all decision-making tools and reports are provided to maximize the performance of the categories. The Specialist is a key point of contact for all ‘’Store Operations’’ team members relating to driving improved customer satisfaction.
Works closely with different internal and external teams on a regular basis to coordinate sales initiatives for the assigned product and further enhance customer satisfaction.
Your role specifically:
- Collaborate with the Merchandising Teams and the Pro Merchandising Manager on the Product Line Review (PLR). Aid in final product selection and communicate to all appropriate levels
- Coordinate all levels of pricing with the Price Management Team.
- Monitoring of competition to ensure a good positioning in the market and increase shares
- Work closely with Supply Chain by exchanging on sales plans and providing merchandising and promotional plans to help manage inventory performance while maximizing Sales
- Generate and analyze data concerning assigned item performance and provide recommendations to Merchandising Manager and Vendors concerning possible changes or improvements
- Review blueprints and planograms for accuracy and make recommended adjustments to the planogram team. Approve all changes in conjunction with the Merchandising Manager
- Collaborate with Marketing team on flyer item submission, flyer proofing, images, item copy, in-store signage, take-with brochures/buying guides and in-store special event
- Assist in negotiation with vendors weekly promotional funding based on Merchandising plan
- Work cross functionally with the online e-blasts, vendor page setup, promotional content, content accuracy, online only items and promotions and clear out opportunities
- Work cross functionally with the Pro Operations teams to support our Professional customers and our associates in stores and in the markets
- Support the Store Operations team through prompt and efficient response
- Point of contact for store associates who require merchandising information that is not posted on our websites or other communication portals
- Ensure a good knowledge of our store network in order to make appropriate decisions for the business unit
- Contribute in vendor meetings to discuss existing or new product issues as well as product line reviews
- Any combination of professional experience and related diplomas will be considered
- Experience in retail will be considered a great asset ;
- Good computer literacy.
- Good oral and written skills, in English and French;
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to interface effectively with management at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent time management/organization skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Your advantage to work for Lowe’s Canada:
- Fitness centre, sports activities, showers
- Childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- Cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, Starbucks and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Significant employee discounts (in store and at the distribution centre)
- Health benefits, retirement savings plan, annual bonuses
- Flexible schedules
- Electric car charging stations
- Access to senior leadership (Friday Huddles every Friday morning at the cafeteria)
- Career growth opportunities within the company
Please note that the use of the masculine gender is for the sake of readability. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will receive a follow-up.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. AC-20-0349
Other Lowe's Canada's offers that may interest you