This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family-one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey-we could be perfect for each other.
Under the direction of the Merchandising Manager and/or the Merchandiser, the Specialist is responsible for supporting all Merchandising activities and assigned tasks within product groups to ensure all decision-making tools and reports are provided to maximize the performance of the categories. The Specialist is a key point of contact for all ‘’Store Operations’’ team members relating to driving improved customer satisfaction.
In partnership with Supply Chain, Data Management, Planogram, Finance and Planning teams, the specialist promotes the communication and advancement of project-related files. It is also the point of contact for suppliers and supports them in the steps related to article set ups and follow-up of Vendor agreements.
Works closely with different internal and external teams on a regular basis to coordinate sales initiatives for the assigned product and further enhance customer satisfaction.
Your role more specifically:
- Collaborate with the Merchandising Manager on the Product Line Review (PLR). Aid in final product selection and communicate to all appropriate levels
- Coordinate all levels of pricing with the Price Management Team.
- Monitoring of competition to ensure a good positioning in the market and increase shares
- Work closely with Supply Chain by exchanging on sales plans and providing merchandising and promotional plans to help manage inventory performance while maximizing Sales
- Generate and analyze data concerning assigned item performance and provide recommendations to Merchandising Manager and Vendors concerning possible changes or improvements
- Review blueprints and planograms for accuracy and make recommended adjustments to the planogram team. Approve all changes in conjunction with the Merchandising Manager
- Collaborate with Marketing team on flyer item submission, flyer proofing, images, item copy, in-store signage, take-with brochures/buying guides and in-store special event
Assist in negotiation with vendors weekly promotional funding based on Merchandising plan
- Work cross functionally with the online e-blasts, vendor page setup, promotional content, content accuracy, online only items and promotions and clear out opportunities
- Handle issues communicated by store personnel regarding vendor product concerns, e.g., vendor service problems, displays, returns, vendor product packaging and setting up market specific items
- Support the Store Operations team through prompt and efficient response
- Point of contact for store associates who require merchandising information that is not posted on our websites or other communication portals
- Ensure a good knowledge of our store network in order to make appropriate decisions for the business unit
- Contribute in vendor meetings to discuss existing or new product issues as well as product line reviews
- Any combination of professional experience and related diplomas will be considered
- Experience in retail will be considered a great asset ;
- Good computer literacy.
- Good oral and written skills, in English and French;
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to interface effectively with management at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent time management/organization skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as Starbucks and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Lowe’s Canada locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, stock purchase plan, student incentive program, etc.
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. AC-21-6340
Other Lowe's Canada's offers that may interest you