This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 associates who demonstrate their commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 600 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
So, join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
Under the direction of the Merchandising Manager and/or the Merchandiser, the Specialist is responsible for supporting all Merchandising activities and assigned tasks within product groups to ensure all decision-making tools and reports are provided to maximize the performance of the categories. The Specialist is a key point of contact for all ‘’Store Operations’’ team members relating to driving improved customer satisfaction.
Works closely with different internal and external teams on a regular basis to coordinate sales initiatives for the assigned product and further enhance customer satisfaction.
Your role more specifically:
Your role specifically:
- Collaborate with the Merchandising Manager on the Product Line Review (PLR). Aid in final product selection and communicate to all appropriate levels
- Coordinate all levels of pricing with the Price Management Team.
- Monitoring of competition to ensure a good positioning in the market and increase shares
- Work closely with Supply Chain by exchanging on sales plans and providing merchandising and promotional plans to help manage inventory performance while maximizing Sales
- Generate and analyze data concerning assigned item performance and provide recommendations to Merchandising Manager and Vendors concerning possible changes or improvements
- Review blueprints and planograms for accuracy and make recommended adjustments to the planogram team. Approve all changes in conjunction with the Merchandising Manager
- Collaborate with Marketing team on flyer item submission, flyer proofing, images, item copy, in-store signage, take-with brochures/buying guides and in-store special event
- Assist in negotiation with vendors weekly promotional funding based on Merchandising plan
- Work cross functionally with the online e-blasts, vendor page setup, promotional content, content accuracy, online only items and promotions and clear out opportunities
- Handle issues communicated by store personnel regarding vendor product concerns, e.g., vendor service problems, displays, returns, vendor product packaging and setting up market specific items
- Support the Store Operations team through prompt and efficient response
- Point of contact for store associates who require merchandising information that is not posted on our websites or other communication portals
- Ensure a good knowledge of our store network in order to make appropriate decisions for the business unit
- Contribute in vendor meetings to discuss existing or new product issues as well as product line reviews
- Any combination of professional experience and related diplomas will be considered
- Experience in retail will be considered a great asset ;
- Good computer literacy;
- Good oral and written skills, in English and French;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to interface effectively with management at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent time management/organization skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Your advantage to work for Lowe’s Canada:
At our Boucherville office, we offer flexible insurance coverage, employer contributions for your retirement savings program, a cafeteria with daily menus, a childcare centre, free parking, and a fitness centre.
You even have opportunities to ask questions directly to our President every Friday morning during a company-wide Team Huddle about our current priorities.
Please note that the use of the masculine gender is for the sake of readability. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will receive a follow-up.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. AC-20-0278
Other Lowe's Canada's offers that may interest you