This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Lowe’s Canada, we are looking for several new players to complete our growing team in Boucherville.
As a result of new job openings and a few promotions, we will have four new Internal Audit positions to fill in the coming weeks.
If you have operational auditing knowledge, are interested in joining a rapidly growing company, and are looking for an employer of choice, a large engaged team, and a fast-paced technological environment, we can offer you a career that will put you at the heart of the action.
Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 associates who demonstrate their commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 600 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
What are you waiting for? Join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, and be part of something bigger as we expand our horizons and discover a world of opportunities!
THE CHALLENGES AHEAD OF YOU
Internal Audit is an independent and objective operation that provides assurance to Lowe’s Canada management and the Audit Committee regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations. Lowe’s Canada’s audit framework is based on the risks faced by the organization. The department contributes to achieving the company’s objectives.
More specifically, you will:
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out control tests according to our audit plan related to integrated audits with operational, IT, or financial aspects
- Manage the relationship with the client (management) by maintaining open communication throughout the audit and providing a smooth experience
- Formulate appropriate observations and provide value-added recommendations for managers to address weaknesses identified during the audit
- Prepare formal written reports that are of appropriate quality and suitable for a senior management audience (e.g., the President and Vice-Presidents)
- As a consultant expert, participate in operational projects being implemented to ensure good governance and project risk management
- Participate in the ongoing assessment of risks and opportunities that may be subject to audits
- Oversee the work of other auditors and specialized external resources
- Participate in general IT control assignments required under the United States Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Support the Internal Audit team in its development by keeping up to date with good auditing practices, opportunities to use data analytics, and more
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate degree in business administration (BAA), accounting, control, or IT option, or equivalent training
- Recognized professional designation (e.g., CISA, CISM, CISSP, or CRISC) and CPA; the CIA title will be considered an asset
- At least 5 years of experience in internal or external auditing or any other relevant business sector
- Experience with general IT controls in a 52-109 or SOX program
- Interest in new technology trends, data analytics, and the IT aspect of auditing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Spoken and written bilingualism (English and French)
- Knowledge and experience in the retail industry (an asset)
- Ability to travel anywhere in Canada and the United States (between 5% and 15%)
DID YOU KNOW?
We enjoy working in an environment that continues to grow and transform. At Lowe’s Canada, we value creative solutions and encourage people to challenge themselves.
We offer flexible insurance coverage and employer contributions to your retirement savings program, as well as a cafeteria with daily menus, a childcare centre, free parking, and a fitness centre at our Boucherville office.
There is a free parking lot on site and, best of all, you’ll be able to ask any questions directly to our President every Friday morning, when we all gather to hear him go over our current priorities.
Please note that the use of the masculine gender is for the sake of readability.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. AC-19-4044
Other Lowe's Canada's offers that may interest you