This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Location:1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
- Review operational practices, create and enforce compliance plans, and perform regulatory risk management;
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly audits to verify for compliance assurance and identify potential non-compliances and areas that need improvement;
- Ensure that organizations comply with industry specifications, standards, regulations, and laws on an ongoing basis;
- Review and evaluate approvals and processes regularly to identify gaps or potential compliance matters that need to be addressed;
- Support the Manager in the design and delivery of incentives and programs used to assess whether the established controls continue to meet compliance objectives.
- Identify issues and make recommendations for remediation;
- Utilize all vendors contracts (approx. 900 vendor contracts), Scopes of work (herein referred to SOW), and regulatory requirements to enter all vendors Preventative Maintenance schedules into the Officetrax system (Weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual);
- As regulations are updated, ensure that the requests for service reflect the direction the corporation is requiring from our vendors;
- Ensure all vendors are responding and actioning the requests within the allotted time frame;
- Escalate any repeat negligent offenders and put them on an PIP (performance improvement plan);
- As stores open or flip from franchise to corporate that their PM requests are entered immediately and are reflective of regulatory requirements;
- Supports regulatory audits (document collection, correspondence and escalations) as required;
- Liaise with the various business units to help provide compliance consultation support;
- Maintains filing systems for control, security, and access of all master documents;
- Review and archive completed documents, reports and records;
- Responsible for the maintenance of all supporting documents related to contracts, compliance and affiliated projects;
- Provide ongoing collaboration and support to the Compliance, Procurement and Business teams on various projects, tasks, and initiatives as may be needed.
Key Trait Call Outs:
- Strong investigative and analytical skills;
- Ability to readily recognize and evaluate the impact of current or potential compliance issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: ability to convey complex situations and relationships in a clear and concise manner and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management;
- Good interpersonal skills for building and maintaining relationships with peers, supervisors, business clients, senior management, regulators and industry colleagues;
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment, demonstrate a high degree of initiative and a strong sense of meeting deadlines;
- A professional attitude and adherence to a high ethical standard;
- Strong Influential and negotiation skills;
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments.
Specific Knowledge:3-5 years knowledge and experience in the Regulatory Compliance sector as it relates to streams of maintenance (Fire Protection, Elevator &Moving Walks, Life line Safety Generators, Automatic Doors, ect)
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Loblaw Companies Ltd - Head Office's offers that may interest you