This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Warranty Quality Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Warranty Engineer will perform and review warranty claims focusing on parts/product safety and warranty for customers. This position will support all programs in all areas of the production process from start to finish to address continuous improvement and corrective actions in regards to warranty performance issues. Strong focus on product quality to reach warranty targets.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Responsible for overall development coaching and mentoring of the warranty quality management system - Procedures, Customer requirements and assessment of performance/compliance
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of warranty quality programs and activities to ensure quality and reliability in the field
- Lead warranty performance support for corrective action (CA) teams to ensure lessons learned are captured and read across common lines and programs
- Coordinate the creation of monthly reports/data collection to improve warranty performance while driving continuous improvement programs (quality incentive programs, quality improvement meetings, etc)
- Perform process/control plan audits for warranty corrective actions and best practices to ensure status is capture and reported with well-defined corrective action plans taken to closure
- Ensure all warranty mitigation and improvement corrective actions are properly documented and verified (evidence of revised documents or on-site reviews)
- Develop and maintain all warranty tracking, reporting, cost sharing debits and supplier cost sharing debits
- Support Plant launch activities as needed - ensure compliance to warranty mitigation and improvement requirements
- Support internal audits and follow up on corrective actions
- Ensure training for lap equipment use, testing procedures and MSA issue resolution for all programs
- Lead all warranty product reviews, warranty performance report-out meetings and presentation development
- Ensure common and accepted safety protocols for the quality group are implemented as needed and compliance is maintained
- Support and
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- CQE, CQA, CWM preferred
- Previous experience interacting with customers and suppliers on a management level required
- Experience with APQP - interface with engineering and operations to ensure transfer of production of new products
- Experience driving improvement activities and 8D responses
- Ability to be hands on and participate in tear down of components and root cause investigation
- Knowledge of internal audits and follow up on corrective actions
- Proficient with MS Office and CAD applications. Familiar with ISO/TS16949 quality standards.
- Experience with the use of statistical analyst software and computer-assisted design and manufacturing
- Ability to take and provide direction and leadership towards quality and warranty standards
- Possess drive and motivation to continuously learn by attending formal professional development seminars and conference as needed. Conduct self-directed studies by reading journals and trade publications. Must be aware of new technologies and advances in the engineering field
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjacks safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Linamar Corporation's offers that may interest you