This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Engineering position, under general direction, is responsible for planning and designing complex manufacturing processes in an industrial plant while improving production methods, determine manufacturing capacity, and set up of production schedules. This position may provide support in the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and material handling.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Specify new tools, equipment and fixtures where needed.
· Recognize and resolve tooling related difficulties with existing and new projects while working with the manufacturing support staff.
· Investigate new manufacturing and tooling methods.
· Help in defining plant layout and ergonomic requirements.
· Participate in Advance Quality Planning.
· Assist in resolution of process scrap.
· Change implementation champion.
· New product and process introductions.
· Maintain tool lists, set-up instructions and work instructions.
· Manage standard costing modules.
· Assist in ensuring the process is capable through capability studies.
· Participate in corrective action to meet ongoing cost, quality and delivery, in FMEA development and improvements, and participate in CAT activities.
· Discuss daily production with plant operators and maintenance staff.
· Review scale drawings ensuring quality and standards are met.
· Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
· ISO 14001: Environmental Management system standard.
· ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety.
· Other duties assigned as needed.
· Post-Secondary Education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
· Licensing by a provincial association of professional engineers is mandatory to approve engineering drawings and reports to practice as a Professional Engineer (PEng).
· Minimum five years of previous related experience.
· Ability to write comprehensive entries.
· Able to evaluate current building systems to address increased demands from plant operations.
· Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques.
· Working knowledge of AutoCad, Excel, Word, Easytalk and MasterCam and understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
· Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
· Interact with technicians or technologists for tasks such as creating scale drawings, preparing specifications, writing proposals and developing plant maintenance schedules.
· Attend formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjacks safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Linamar Corporation's offers that may interest you