Senior Data Governance and Data Quality Specialist
- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 6th, 2023
As soon as possible
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.The Senior Data Governance and Data Quality Specialist role requires an individual with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience who possesses a breath of analytical and data skills. The candidate must be passionate about data governance and process efficiency. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with team members and have an understanding of data analysis, data quality, data security, data movement, and data modeling.
- Work to establish the data governance strategy within the lines of business
- Develop and document governance policies, practices and standards
- Coordinate, implement and execute data governance and data quality strategy
- Define the enterprise data governance operating model, data policies and standards as well as the implementation of clear data management definitions for use across the organization
- Provide guidance and recommendations for process improvement and data quality enhancement
- Work with the Data Owners to ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities, providing advisory guidance and support to ensure Data Governance accountabilities are understood
- Lead the integration and enterprise wide use of Data Governance & Data Quality tools
- Set up and enhance Data Governance and Data Quality frameworks, standards, policies, artifacts and processes to be leveraged by business units locally and regionally
- Design and implement robust error and exception handling procedures
- Implement and support the strategic direction for how the organization uses data internally and externally
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices and ensure knowledge sharing occurs with the Enterprise team and LOB stakeholders
- Post-secondary education in the areas IT, Business or related field are preferred or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in data governance, required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of advanced working knowledge in SQL and familiarity with a variety of databases required (SQL Server, Azure Data Lake, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, etc.)
- An appetite for problem solving with a creative and resourceful approach to finding the right solution for the job.
- An understanding of Data Warehouse concepts, ETL strategies and best practices.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with IBM Information Server Suite 11.x, preferred
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and IBM Business Glossary, preferred
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.
Internal reference No.
Other LifeWorks's offers that may interest you